Welcome to IPINKIT!
Your fave YouTube channel for allergy friendly vegan recipes… I hope haha and if you are just discovering it, WELCOME and I hope it quickly becomes your favorite. I LOVE sharing with you easy recipes that can be customizable no matter the allergens you have, this is one where I’m giving you the base to make nut free vegan protein bars or if you prefer turn this into a homemade nut free vegan granola mix.
I spent over 20 years of my life thinking that because of my nut and peanut allergies I could never try granola, that changed during a trip with one of my friends who happens to be obsessed with granola. I told her I wish I could try it and she suggested to make my own nut free granola recipe, I was impressed when I found out granola was made with oats!! She took her sweet time to explain me how she baked hers at home and with a bit of variation, this recipe I’m sharing today captures the breakfast and vegan snack I unlocked during a trip to Prague.
Every time I bake granola I think of my friend and throughout the years, I’ve gotten better at changing the flavor, but the essence remains the same. This recipe is now yours, please play with it and tell me what you changed or which flavor you gave it. Use all those ingredients you have at home, don’t be afraid to try adding in more ingredients or taking away some, this is for you to enjoy a safe snack or a breakfast on the go when baked in advance!
How to Make Nut Free Vegan Protein Bars
- 3 cups gluten free rolled oats
- 1 cup agave syrup
- 4 medjool dates
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 cup dried raspberries
- 1/4 cup dried mulberries
- 1/2 cup unsalted pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/3 cup cocoa butter
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- Submerge dates in hot water for 10 min.
- Mix oats with syrup, coconut oil, and dates.
- Cook on medium heat for 7 min.
- Blend dried fruits and seeds in your granola mix.
- Divide granola mix in two and place in a square baking tray.
- Preheat oven at 325°F.
- Compact granola as explained in recipe tutorial.
- Bake for 30 min, Then, let it cool down for 15 min before cutting.
- Let it cool down for an hour before garnishing.
- Combine cocoa butter, cocoa powder, and sugar to make chocolate syrup to drizzle the bars.
If you are new to IPINKIT, my name is Ingrid and I’m a vegan with food allergies. I’m allergic to soy, gluten, nuts, eggs, dairy, shellfish, and most legumes apart from beans. Therefore, within my travel vlogs and top 8 allergen free recipes I love to share that is possible to live your best life, despite the allergy diagnosis.
Some helpful links:
My cookbook: https://payhip.com/b/2t4a
All my allergy friendly/ cooking essentials: https://www.amazon.com/shop/ipinkit_?listId=VXIM2LFPOL3