Welcome back to I PINK IT!
Today, I have a delicious vegan lunch recipe that all of you will adore. In this video, I’m sharing my gluten free tortillas recipe with a twist because we are making pink tacos! Obviously, I am not a fan of artificial coloring, so the pink color is from plants! For these pink tacos, I’m sharing my vegan mushroom carnitas recipes, so if you are looking for a soy and gluten free vegan meat replacement, I got you!!
These are the ingredients you need to make these vegan pink tacos:
Preparation Time: 35 min Total Time: 1 hour
- Let’s start making the tortillas, diced the beet and boil for 3 to 5 mins to get natural pink food coloring.
- In a medium sized bowl, mixed rice flour and beet water until you get a liquid consistency. You don’t want your tortillas to be thick (refer to video demo if you have any doubts).
- In a pan, start pouring your pink tortilla mix. It’s like making pancakes, you will need to cook them in low heat to ensure they come out pretty.
- Now it’s time to make our vegan carnitas, this step is simple. Wash and slice your oyster mushrooms.
- Mix the water, bbq sauce, and nutritional yeast with the sliced oyster mushroom and cook to boiling point. Your carnitas will be ready once most of the water has evaporated.
- Now it’s time to dice our veggies. So get your tomato, onion, cilantro, avocado and start chopping. To this feel free to add lemon juice and salt.
- Once all your toppings, tortillas, and carnitas are ready it’s time to assemble the tacos.
- Serve with clover sprouts and vegan sour cream (optional).
Hope you guys enjoy this recipe so much!! If you are new to I PINK IT, my name is Ingrid and I’m vegan with food allergies, every recipe I share is free from my nine allergens. I’m a soy free vegan, gluten free vegan, and nut free vegan, if you happen to have allergies to wheat, dairy, soy, eggs, peanuts, shellfish, tree nuts, peas, and sesame seeds I got you covered! I really hope you enjoy all my delicious plant based healthy recipes.
If you make my vegan pink tacos, please tag me on Instagram (@ipinkit_) or TikTok (@ipinkit) I wanna see all your recreations!!
If you are not subscribed, what are you waiting for never miss out on new allergen free vegan recipes, click here to subscribe it’s completely free: https://www.youtube.com/ipinkit
Share this video with your friends, specially if they are trying meatless Monday or they have food allergies. They will love you even more.
Thank you for reading and watching.