Welcome back to I PINK IT!!
Today’s recipe is easy to make and truly brings me back to my childhood, we are making gluten free vegan alfajores and vegan dulce de leche. For those who have never heard of alfajores, these sweet lemon or vanilla cookies have a milk candy filling or known as dulce de leche, traditionally they are from Argentina. However, Latin American countries have adopted this beloved Argentinian pastry and can now be found in most bakeries around the region.
If you have watched my videos before, you already know I’m vegan with food allergies, yes that is right, I’m soy free vegan, gluten free vegan and nut free vegan. It’s honestly not difficult once you understand how to navigate your food allergies and create recipes without your allergens. One of my favorite parts of being an allergy free vegan is getting to make my favorite desserts allergen free and share my creations with you!!
Whether you are looking for a dulce de leche vegan recipe or easy gluten free vegan desserts, this vegan alfajores recipe will capture your heart. The best part is that if you have food allergies, if you have celiac, if you have a condition that prevents you from consuming gluten and if you are vegan, this recipe is top 8 allergen free.
These are all the ingredients you need to make these delicious alfajores cookies:
This is the coconut condensed milk that I used: https://amzn.to/2Wd8YxE
Preparation Time: 30 min Total Time: 1 hour 45 min
- In a medium sized bowl mixed the flours, sugar, and corn starch.
- To your dry ingredients mix, add apple sauce, coconut oil, lemon zest and lemon juice and whisk well.
- Finally, add xantham gum, baking soda, and oat milk to your dough. You can substitute for your favorite plant based milk.
- Once your ingredients are fully mixed, refrigerate your dough for 1 hour.
- In the meantime, proceed to prepare your vegan dulce de leche. You will need to stirr de cane sugar and condensed milk in a pot. Bring it to boiling point, but make sure to cook it in low to medium heat. Refer to the video demo to check consistency of your dulce de leche.
- Remove your dough from the fridge and prepare to cut medium size cookies.
- Add gluten free flour to your work table to prevent the dough from getting sticky into your table and rolling pin.
- This recipe will yield 24 medium size cookies, while you cut your cookies go ahead and pre-heat the over at 350°F.
- Grease your cookie tray or use a cookie baking sheet to bake for 12 min.
- Once time is up, let your cookies cool down for 15 min
- Grab one cookie and spread dulce de leche, now proceed to close it with another cookie.
- To top your alfajores, sprinkle powdered sugar (this is optional, yet it makes a difference).
And that is it, if you have any questions refer to the video demo to see how simple this recipe is to make: https://youtu.be/XeRUeWD3WmE
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I enjoyed making it.
Love you all so much. Thank you for reading and watching.