Welcome back to I PINK IT!
Wow how crazy it is already July and this year I want to share a special recipe to make your vegan fourth of July delicious! Let me introduce you to this delicious Independence Day Pie that happens to be egg free, soy free, nut free, dairy free, and gluten free. So if you have been looking for a 4th of July dairy free pie or the ultimate gluten free vegan 4th of July dessert look no further, I GOT YOU.
If you are new to my blog, welcome! My name is Ingrid and I am a vegan with nine food allergies with every recipe I share I want to show you that is possible to adopt a plant based lifestyle despite allergies to nuts, soy, wheat, sesame and peas. I know it sucks to have food allergies, but that shouldn’t stop us from eating delicious allergy friendly food!
Even though right now we are looking for 4th of July desserts ideas, this vegan berry pie recipe can be adjusted to eat in other times of the year. Just make sure to adjust the decor to other berries you will like, but keep the gluten free pie crust and the egg free pie filling.
These are the ingredients you will need to make this pie:
Preparation Time: 12 min Refrigeration Time: 1.5 hours
Decorating Time: 20 min Total Time: 2 hours 2 min
- Defrost your pie crust for 15 min, then bake at 400°F for 10 to 15 min until it gets golden brown.
- In a pot mix your cornstarch, plant based milk, and sugar.
- Cook your mix in low heat for 4 minutes make sure to keep stirring to prevent the mix getting hard. Ideally, you want your pie filling to sit on top, but if you don’t mix it well it will end up getting a lot of cornstarch lumps.
- Once, you have your pie filling turn off the heat and add the lemon juice. Mix it well.
- Transfer your pie filling to the pie crust, smooth the top to ensure the entire surface looks even.
- Refrigerate your pie for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- To make the coconut whipping cream. Open your refrigerated can of coconut whipping cream, transfer content to a medium sized bowl and whisk for three minutes.
- Transfer whipping cream to a pastry bag, if you don’t have one you can use a zip-lock bag (refer to video demo for decorating hack).
- Decorate your pie, use the blueberries to resemble the stars in the left corner of your pie, then use coconut whipped cream and raspberries to resemble the stripes.
This pie will serve 9 slices just make sure to keep refrigerated for up to 4 days.
This is the pie crust I used by Wholly Wholesome, you can find it in Whole Foods or order online: https://amzn.to/3gck0ej I still can’t believe a pie crust without all my allergens exists!! If you go to their website, they have a product locator where you can just add your zipcode: https://www.whollywholesome.com/locate.php
Alright, before you go don’t forget to subscribe to I PINK IT, you can do it through this link: https://www.youtube.com/ipinkit to continue to watch more vegan and allergy friendly recipes.
Hope you find this recipe super helpful and you make it this 4th of July weekend. Thank you for being here for reading and watching the new video tutorial.
Love you all so much,